As of June 1, 2012, High 5 for Mom & Baby is available to Kansas hospitals. This program encourages adoption of five evidence based maternity care practices that support breastfeeding success. Participating hospitals will receive this and more free of charge!
To take advantage of this exciting program, complete the hospital application form which is available here. If you have questions about the hospital program, the trainer opportunities, or the application forms, please contact Gwen Whittit, Program Coordinator, email@example.com.
- Two-hours of on-site training for hospital staff and invited community members on evidence based maternity care practices and policies and how to implement them in your hospital
- Scholarships for employee advancement toward International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Technical assistance to assure successful implementation of the program’s recommended practices and policies
- Resources for hospitals including sample policies, training and informational videos, patient education materials, and promotional materials for hospital marketing communications
- Recognition for hospitals implementing all five practices with supportive policies